Tuesday, December 05, 2006

thoughts on thinking


Today is Tuesday. Missy is quite close to labor now and I feel like we're ready. We want this baby to come now! At the doctor's appt. yesterday they said she was about 75% there so it could be just a few more days. If the baby is not born naturally this week, we have an appt. for induction on Monday, Dec. 11. Missy has generally been in high spirits, although physically I believe she is exhausted. I know I am. I toil my evenings away these days, playing guitar or doing things in the baby room. Last night I adjusted the crib, then played some guitar.
A few moments ago I had a great conversation with a young lieutenant here about metaphysics/conciousness. It's good to know that no matter where you are, enlightment exists. We spoke mostly about collected universal energy and the way the universe acts within us and those around us. "The Human Experience." I've known a few enlightened people, I believe, and I want to be there as well. I've spoken about strengthening the body to strengthen the mind, but I need to work on a flip-flop version of this. At the same time, physical well being is said to support/conduct universal energy by allowing our "mind-pores" to unclog. The theory is clearly justified by the simple exhilleration we feel from exercise.
This ties into the pregnancy experience for me because Missy and I have taken to frequent walking in the evenings to attempt stimulating the uterus. I think it works. Today we'll be walking at noon as well. Perhaps by demonstrating our physical readiness, energy will congregate into our collective realm and stimulate mental readiness, thus adding an element into the equation which produces a product. Two does not equal four. But two plus two, well my friend, heh, heh ...
Now get out there and let your freak flag fly.
In other news, I went on a machine gun shoot friday with Combat Engineers Battalion. 249 SAW, 240G, and the MA DEUCE M2 .50 cal. very, very nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home