Thursday, December 06, 2007

Somehow back

All,

First, I want to explain my absence from the blog community. Being on a deployment means utilizing Defense Department computer systems. Currently, there is a massive effort in place by The Man to keep our mouths shut and block access to all blog-related sites and personal email accounts (hotmail, etc.) while in forward locations. The reason given for this ban is Operational Security (loose lips sink ships!) but we all know it's complete bullshit. For a short while, I was able to use proxy blockers, but after our visit to Singapore it seemed network administrators could smell the foul and managed to stay one step ahead of everyone. This was really, really bad for some people who are addicted to myspace. whatever, I'm back.
There's a lot to say. the deployment went well and I'm back in one piece. We had eight people killed and more than 130 wounded. Aside from that, I personally had a lot of success. I had a few articles that made "mainstream" political rags, including the National Review, and I also had a photo published in LA Times that was called a "Pro-Iraqi War Icon." It was of a Marine reenlisting during a medevac.
Coming home has been a crazy experience. Franklin has "developed" beyond reason and surprises me everyday with little things like sitting, eating and making noises. He likes to eat "big boy" food like egg sandwiches and pizza.
Missy has done very well raising him during my absence, and it makes me feel a little less guilty about leaving.
That stuff said, I'm looking forward to the FUTURE, including a sweet trip to MINNESOTA THIS MONTH!!
Snow, food, boots, salt, cars, family and friends. Shopping, Christmas, presents, drink and debauchery. Duluth. The Sword. Valient Thorr!
Jam sesh?
Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home